There are many common childhood illnesses that affect our little ones. Even though they are considered common, it does not mean that they are any less problematic.
As we all know, babies and toddlers are most at risk of illness due to the way they play and explore their surroundings. They like to touch and taste everything! If a surface gets contaminated with a virus (e.g. cold, influenza, varicella, coxsackievirus, etc.) it is that much easier to contract the illness.
At Guardian Angel Daycare, we strive to provide a clean and healthy center. In order to accomplish this goal, we look to our parents for help and support.
Here are some websites that have complete and easy to understand information regarding childhood illnesses:
- Stomach & Intestinal Infections
- Cold & Flu Review
- Common Childhood Infections
- Bacterial & Viral Infections
- Ear Infections
- Eye Infections
- Fungal Infections (Ringworm, Yeast, etc.)
- Lung & Respiratory Infections
- Medical Tests
- Parasitic Infections (Worms, Lice, etc.)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Skin Infections & Rashes
- Fifth Disease (Slapped Cheek)